Four wall lights
The manufacture attributed to Hart, Son, Peard and Co. (partnership 1866-93)
Brass and glass
40.5 x 40.5 (adjustable) x 35.5 (max.) cm
English (Birmingham), 1870s
Hart, Son, Peard and Co. specialised in brass, iron and silver ecclesiastical fittings, light fittings and a wide range of interior and exterior architectural cast iron and wrought iron work. They participated in a number of International Exhibitions as well as regional exhibitions throughout the Staffordshire and Birmingham areas and sponsored prizes at various Birmingham Art and Design School. They exhibited Church furniture and art metalwork at the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial.
Among designers whose designs were manufactured by the company were Bruce J. Talbert, J.P. Seddon, William Burges and Alfred Waterhouse.
The company had showrooms in Brook Street and Regent Street, London, and a factory in Drury Lane, a foundry in Birmingham.