Designer / Maker
Designed and manufactured by Peter Waals (1870-1937)
Oak and ebony
139 x 166 x 56 cm
English (Chalford), circa 1930
Christina and David Latto, then by descent to their son David, and by descent to a private collection
‘The Work of Peter Waals: Individual Craftsman in the Gimson Tradition’, The Cabinet Maker, 28 September 1935, p. 3
For a longer walnut sideboard of comparable form in the collection of The Wilson, Cheltenham, see Annette Carruthers and Mary Greensted, Good Citizen’s Furniture (1994), p.52, no. 51.