Designer / Maker
Designed by E.G. Punnett (1862-1942)
Manufactured by William Birch Ltd
Oak, with ebony inlay, and original rush seat
85 x 70 x 48.5 cm
English (High Wycombe), circa 1900
A chair of this pattern was in C.R. Ashbee’s Norman Chapel, Broad Campden; see The Studio, 1907, p. 293.
Another is in the collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London; see Elizabeth Aslin, 19th Century English Furniture, 1962, pl. 123. A third example is at Crab Tree Farm; see Adam Bowett, ed., 100 British Chairs, 2015, no. 92.