Designer / Maker
Designed by Harry Powell (1853-1922)
Manufactured by James Powell & Sons (1830-1980)
Glass, with silver-mounted stopper
Height: 30 cm
English (Whitefriars), 1906/07
John Scott Collection, acquired 11 January 2005
‘The John Scott Collection: James Powell & Sons Whitefriars Glass 1860-1960’, London, 2014, no. 64.
For contemporary decanters of this form, see Lesley Jackson, ed., Whitefriars Glass: the Art of James Powell & Sons, Shepton Beaumont, 1996, p. 107, nos 43-44, and Wendy Evans, et al., Whitefrairs Glass: James Powell & Sons of London, London, 1995, p. 94, fig. 99 for a photograph showing similar decanters exhibited in 1913 in Ghent.