Designer / Maker
Designed by Dr Christopher Dresser (1834-1904)
Manufactured by Hukin & Heath (1855-1953)
Glass and silver
22.7 cm (high)
English (London), 1879/80
‘JWH / JTH’ and hallmarked for London, 1879/80
The lid engraved ‘CE’ (interlaced)
An example of this model, from the Andrew McIntosh Patrick collection was included in recent exhibitons about Dresser: Milan (2001) and New York and London (2004). The same piece was also published by Halén (1990, pl. 190) and Durant (1993, p. 85).
A decanter of this model was exhibited by Blairman at Maastricht 2017, and another is currently on loan to the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford.